Saturday 23 May 2009

Tomorrow's Session and Stonehell

So another week and we wind up for our sunday session and the players continuation through Zendicon, which may this week involve heading into the depths to look for a way out. Personally I'm looking forward to it, but I think this will be the last 'module' (for want of a better word) in the World Top Campaign for a while given that Gareth is foaming at the bit to run his space campaign and I'm all psyched up to run something 'old school'.

However it should be noted that I have never ran anything older than 3rd edition when it comes to D&D and whilst I'm picking up Microlite74 for the endevour, a system that seems to bridge the gap between OD&D and 3rd ed. quite adequetly (and simplifies encumberance; thank god), I'm not really in tune with a system which relys so heavily on my ability to make a ruling instantaneously, and so I think I need practice.

Help is on hand though.

Amityville Mike's Stonehell dungeon comes highly rated by people who know what they're talking about and seems like an interesting old school adventure that I'd like to run, and given that Rachel will be absent from next weeks session; it might be a good idea to run Stonehell 1A and give me and the players some experience of what old school gaming is really like.

No comments: