Monday 25 May 2009

Session? No Luck

This is usually where my session write up would go, but since Dave (our erstwhile Dragonborn Paladin) was captured by The Evil Empire and forced to work until gone 9 (on... something, details are vague) we decided to do something else. We played 'Burn In Hell' and then decided that the game could for it's raw tedium; we have a love hate relationship with Steve Jackson Games; Munchkin and Munchkin Cthulhu are awesome, Ninja Burger is divisive (although I love it for the roleplaying alone) and Munchkin Bites and Burn in Hell were truly yawn inducing.

Apart from this we watched Read or Die and then went to bed; hardly the stuff of heroic legends.

World Top has been plagued by these interruptions; although I won't blame anyone because when work comes knocking its difficult to tell them to sod off cos you've got some ogres to kill; but it does end up stealing some momentum from the campaign. I'm tempted at this point, with next week being cancelled aswell, to just trap the players in Zendicon for a year and come back to it when our schedules re-align.

So whilst Dave is sunning himself in Barcelona and Rachel is off doing... something; I am going to spend next sunday afternoon running a few people through Stonehell, even if it's just Gareth and Amanda, and hopefully I'll get a few ideas for making my own dungeons in the process.

No comments: