Saturday 30 May 2009

Zen and the Art of Dungeon Structure

I had to write Stonehell 1A out by hand for today's session, which was fine, Amityville Mike used only two pages and whilst there's alot to get down on paper (39 rooms) its simple, concise and still has flavour. I slipped on the reggae stylings of Dub Side of the Moon and took a couple of hours to work through it.

This also has the advantage of making me more familiar with the dungeon, I'd read Stonehell 1A but hadn't really absorbed it until I wrote it out myself. There's something about the process that just made it make more sense to me in my head and I think it's given me a little more appreciation for the way the encounters come together in some areas (specifically around room 16) to create an implied narrative.

So the encounters are ready, the traps are primed, the monsters are recieving their final pep talk and Stonehell is go. A report will be filed laterz.

No comments: